The major outcomes of the CEDS process include:
- identification of regional priorities;
- streamlining and coordination of regional resources;
- diversification of our economy for greater resilience;
- impact on equity and increased opportunity for all;
- economic development efforts which extend across all sectors and geographic areas;
- increase in access to funding and technical assistance to implement the CEDS plan strategies.
MVRPC and DDC leveraged both agencies’ existing member and stakeholder groups in the Dayton Region Economic Development Strategy planning process. Particular efforts were made to engage private and public sector leaders from each of the participating counties, major industries, entrepreneurs and critical workforce partners to ensure that the Dayton Region Economic Development Strategy reflects the priorities and needs of our entire region.