Planning/GIS Internship Opportunities
The Miami Valley Regional Planning Commission (MVRPC) in Dayton, Ohio has one full time (30-40 hours per week) planning/GIS internship position open during the Fall of 2021 (approximately from September 13, 2021 to December 22, 2021).
The intern will assist the Community and Regional Planning and Transportation Planning departments with various tasks, including:
- Land Use and Transportation Planning
- Special Planning Studies
- Data Update, Data Analysis, and Map Production using Geographic Information System (GIS)
- Field Surveys/Data Collection
Applicants should possess: knowledge of planning principles and practices; working knowledge of GIS; familiarity with research techniques; and skill in the use of various basic software (word processing, databases, spreadsheet, Adobe creative suites, etc).
- Must be currently enrolled in a degree (undergraduate or graduate) program in planning, geography, or related field
- Currently in the second year toward completing a Bachelor’s degree program.
- A personal vehicle to drive and a valid driver’s license are required for field work during working hours.
- Some practical professional experience preferred.
Submit a resume via e-mail to email@example.com. Application deadline: Open until filled.
An Equal Opportunity Employer